2nd April : Happy Braxton-Hicks Contraction Day

It started after sending my son to tuition class at 3pm. I decided since I had the energy to do things, might as well I go out and finish up the to do list before I leave for Sabah.

There was a lot of walking, driving, anxiety, frustration and plus the heat was getting to me. I did notice the tightening of my tummy plus the intense pressure on my lower abdomen. It was very consistent throughout and the only way I could relieved it was by sitting down.

It went on through the night, until to the extent that I could not lie down properly on my bed to sleep. I was already planning in my head to call my gynae in the middle of the night and to ask her to come and check on me. If not, drive to the hospital myself. I was ready and frankly I was a bit relaxed (even though I am supposed to deliver in Sabah and all arrangements had been made there already), because then I would be able to call hubby home earlier and I would get to see him when he comes back then.

Whatever it was, I knew that the baby was not ready yet. There was no blood or water gushing out, just irregular contractions and it eased up a bit if I am in a sitting position. So that was it for the rest of the night. I was asleep in an upright position, had cramps, could not move much and woke up several times to adjust the pillows. I was wimpering a bit and for comfort I was listening to my son's snores and movements. It was nice to have someone around.

I prayed to God also to help me get through the night, of which He did. After sending son off at 7am, I continued my sleep till 11am, without disturbance. No contraction today.

I did manage to get hold of hubby and related to him the story. I did not want to panic him, but I did tell him that I was ready to give birth here so that I can be with him, instead of thousands of miles away. Cae sera sera I guess. God willing. As well as the baby's decision also. If he can stay put, then ok. If not, expect an early delivery from now till the 12th.

Keep you guys updated ok!

My Baby's Journey Week 35

1st of April.

Approximately 4 more week to go for full term, and anything can happen in between. My due date would be between the 27th to 4th of May, but I am really hoping for the baby to come after the 1st of May.

I know the petua orang-orang tua says that to enable the baby to come out faster, you have to do a lot of walking, do house chores, eat spicy food, make love, etc, and knowing all this, I am definitely staying my best to stay put at home. But life does not permit me to do such things. If I be stagnant, the amount of responsibilities and follow-ups around me would definitely pile up till I would really just deliver earlier thinking of them. So what do I do. I pray to God that everything would go as plan. I stop and rest when my feet hurts, and when I am getting some really bad contractions. I try to not get too emotional with everything because my anxiety and excitement can actually trigger contractions. Lastly when there is way too much activity in my tummy (as in the baby will just kick, punch, swerve, dance, going in circles etc!), I will calm him down by singing and rubbing his head or feet or hand (whatever that I see protruding on my tummy). It does calm him down.

And so by the way this is not an April Fool's joke.

See you guys next week - week 36!

Copyright © 2008 - Leaving A Legacy - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template