My Baby's Journey Week 7

Yayyy!! My baby is alive and kicking (not literally, but he/she is there!!)

Went for the 6th week ultra sound scan last Friday. My gosh, the anticipation and nervousness and curiousness was way above us. We were just there hoping for the best and expecting the worst. I was literally on the fence and the only thing that I was hanging on to was my faith in God. I could not hang on to hubby cos I know even though he looks macho and strong outside, inside he is as soft as a puppy's fur when it comes to this kind of stuff. Poor thing.

As you know my bleeding had completely stopped. Thank God for that. The hormone pills that the doc gave really worked and I reckoned it helped healed the amniotic sac. My HCG hormone (the pregnancy hormone) doubled and that was a good sign that I would not be experiencing any miscarriage anytime soon.

So about 15 minutes waiting, we finally got called in. This is it. Please let there be a heart beat. That was all I wanted.

First the normal ultra sound scan. The doc actually had to press really HARD to get a proper look, cos it seems that my uterus is terbalik?? (retro verted). Aiyo. What else can go wrong la? And that was why it was pretty difficult to see the baby. SO again she had to use the TVS which was undoubtedly uncomfortable. Probe, probe, probe.. and there it was. A tiny, teeny micro dot moving left right up down as though it was being poked around. It was my baby's heartbeat, y'all!!!!!

Gosh how I wish I had a camera to record that heartbeat. This survivor, fighter, miracle baby of mine. HI THERE!! Mummy and Dadda is looking at you!! Peek a Boo!

Ok, ok. I know it is just a form of cell and not much of a human being yet, but I think I was just fast forwarding to when we will able to cuddle him/her in our arms. Yipee! A gift from God, it is, and it's growing inside of me. (I do so sound like a first time mum, but it has been 6 years now. I am so excited).

I remembered when I was pregnant with my son, I was so happy. My hair was silky and shiny. I was always a jovial person and there was not much of morning sickness or headaches etc. I was still working that time. I could not stay still. I was always on the go. I had the energy of a horse.

But now ever since the miscarriage scare, I had to tone it down. Besides, just going from the kitchen to my bedroom upstairs leaves me panting for air. I could not even spend 3 hours in a mall without feeling dizzy. I am not sure whether it is the intensity of shopping or maybe too many people or just sometimes some places do not have the right amount of air conditioning. I am not sure which one, but I think all 3 played a part. Can you still believe that a sack of rice that I bought 3 days back is still in the car?? I did not dare to carry it into the house cos I have to go from the back gate and then into the kitchen. My gate is spoiled (darn dog chewed off the wires) so I am stuck. SO the 10kg sack of rice is still in the car. Grrrr. Hubby's outstation and coming back today. Will definitely tell that I just bought the rice today and ask him to carry it in (hee hee.. shhh.)

A little bit off topic, but I got the good news part of my chest. I have also got a picture of the scan of which hubby wanted to laminate and frame it. Well it is his first baby, considering the fact that he skipped the whole infant to toddler years of Angelus. Soo now hubby gets to squirm, cuddle, drool and fuss over his very own little bundle of joy. Really cannot wait for that.

So that is all folks. Next ultra sound would be on the 26th, whereby baby is 8 weeks old!! This time I will definitely bring a digicam!!

5 comments:

LadyJava said...

I was smiling from ear to ear just reading this post. Congrats dearie.. and am so happy for both you and husband that there's gonna be another addition to the family..

Wow the trauma you must have gone through waiting for this day to finally arrive.. knowing the baby is gonna make it.. please take it easy ya.. don't stress yourself out, mentally or physically..

Take care and look forward to more updates ya :)

Have a great weekend :)

LxndreaSB said...

thanks a lot for the wishes. it has been a gruelling week for all of us. cannot wait for this coming friday for the next scan!!

queen quirin said...

Dear Edna, I am in the same situation like you (what u r facing before). I have a bit of spotting and really scared since the doc. said that i am prone to miscarrige. The doc have given me duphaston which is treating the habitual abortion. I am due for my 7th week scan on the 10 oct but now is still scared. It's my 1st ever pregnancy and I went through a lot to get this baby. your sotyies really give me some relive and gives me hope to wait for the miracle.

God Bless you and hubby.

Love

LxndreaSB said...

dont worry bout it, God is with you. pray a lot and ask your family and friends to pray for you also. that REALLY helps to calm your nerves down. Lepas tu banyak banyak rest di rumah, and makan that progesterone pill. i think it comes with other names as well, so i reckon the doc gave u that pill. so hang tough and update me on 10th oct's scan.
u got blog about it ka. must have missed it. sorry...
all the best!

queen quirin said...

Thanks ed. I didn't blog about it for I am scared that it's not confirm. I don't want to tell the world just yet. Senang cerita, I am not confident but I REALLY BADLY want my baby.

Copyright © 2008 - Leaving A Legacy - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template